Buy Fitted Bedsheets online at Urban Jaipur
Finding the right bedsheet and deciding which type of bedsheet goes where it can be a real challenge. With so many types, names, and styles of bedding available, it’s no surprise that many of us are perplexed about our bedsheets. This guide will explain why fitted bedsheets are necessary, as well as describe their function, so you can feel confident when deciding what type of sheets you need for your bed.
What are fitted bedsheets?
Fitted bedsheets are somewhat similar to normal bedsheets, the only difference that separates fitted from a flat bed sheet is that it has elastic wrapped around its edges, which makes it easy to stick to the mattress, so there’s no trouble with wrinkles and the bedsheet will stay stick to the mattress.
A fitted bedsheet (also known as a bottom sheet) is a piece of material with elasticated corners that sits on top of the mattress. Its elasticated corners allow the sheet to fit tightly around the mattress, ensuring that the sheet stays in place as you move around in bed.
A fitted bedsheet’s purpose is to provide a layer of fabric between you and your mattress. This keeps the mattress clean and protected, which is important given how difficult they are to clean. Fitted bedsheets, on the other hand, are much easier to clean and should be washed on a regular basis to keep your bed fresh.
What is the Fitted Bedsheet size?
||Mattress size (in)
||Fitted sheet size
||38” x 80”
||53” x 75”
||60” x 80”
||76” x 80”
Fitted bed sheets are available in a variety of sizes to fit different types of mattresses. The most common sizes include:
- Single-Fitted Bedsheets: This size is designed to fit a twin-sized mattress, which typically measures 38 inches by 80 inches
- Double Bedsheets: This size is designed to fit a full-sized mattress, which typically measures 53 inches by 75 inches.
- Queen-size Fitted Bedsheets: This size is designed to fit a queen-sized mattress, which typically measures 60 inches by 80 inches.
- King-size Fitted Bedsheets: This size is designed to fit a king-sized mattress, which typically measures 76 inches by 80 inches.
How to fold a fitted bedsheet?
Folding a fitted bedsheet can be a bit tricky, but with a little practice, it’s easy to do. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- The first step is to tuck the top corners of the sheet under the mattress. Make sure the corners are smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Next, fold the sheet in half, bringing the bottom edge up to the top edge of the mattress. Smooth out any wrinkles as you go.
- Now, take the right side of the sheet and fold it over to the center of the bed. Repeat this step with the left side.
- Fold the sheet in half again, bringing the bottom edge up to the top. The sheet should now be one-quarter of its original size and the folded edge should be a straight line.
- Finally, fold the sheet one more time, bringing the bottom edge up to the top edge.
If you want to keep it folded and store it on a shelf or drawer, tuck it inside a pillowcase. It may take some practice to get the hang of it, but with a little patience, you’ll be able to perfectly fold your fitted bed sheets every time.
Why you should choose a fitted bedsheet?
A Fitted bedsheet has several advantages over normal flat bedsheets, here are some of the reasons why you should choose a fitted bedsheet.
- They stay in the same place – Elastic fitted bedsheets are designed to fit snugly around the corners and edges of the mattress which helps to keep them in place throughout the night. This can be particularly helpful for people who move around a lot in their sleep or those with adjustable beds.
- Easy to put on– Elastic fitted bedsheets are easy to put on, they are designed in a way to be easy to put on and take off, which is helpful for people who like to change their sheets frequently.
- Provide a better fit – Elastic fitted bedsheets are tailored to fit around the corners and edges of your mattress. They keep the sheet pulled after being tucked down in the corners.
- Suitable for good mattresses: If you have a good mattress, you’ve probably experienced the sensation of your bedsheet curling up on your feet or by your hands because it wasn’t tucked in properly. This is where an elastic-fitted bedsheet comes in handy. A fitted bedsheet gives us the comfort of not curling up in places and gives us a good night’s sleep.
- Versatile in nature: Fitted sheets are suitable for a wide range of mattress types and sizes, including standard twin, full, queen, and king sizes, as well as thicker and pillow-top mattresses.
All the fitted bedsheets are available in flat bedsheet variants, you can select flat and fitted bedsheet variants of the same bedsheet according to your needs.